By Jason Andress, Ryan Linn
Tools used for penetration checking out are usually bought or downloaded from the web. each one instrument relies on a programming language similar to Perl, Python, or Ruby. If a penetration tester desires to expand, increase, or swap the performance of a device to accomplish a try in a different way than the default configuration, the tester needs to comprehend the fundamentals of coding for the similar programming language. Coding for Penetration Testers presents the reader with an figuring out of the scripting languages which are generic whilst constructing instruments for penetration trying out. It additionally publications the reader via particular examples of customized instrument improvement and the events the place such instruments will be used. whereas constructing a greater realizing of every language, the reader is guided via real-world eventualities and gear improvement that may be included right into a tester's toolkit.
- Discusses using quite a few scripting languages in penetration testing
- Presents step by step directions on tips on how to construct personalized penetration trying out instruments utilizing Perl, Ruby, Python, and different languages
- Provides a primer on scripting together with, yet now not restricted to, internet scripting, scanner scripting, and exploitation scripting
By Kurt W. Smith
Build software program that mixes Python's expressivity with the functionality and regulate of C (and C++). It's attainable with Cython, the compiler and hybrid programming language utilized by foundational applications similar to NumPy, and sought after in tasks together with Pandas, h5py, and scikits-learn. during this sensible consultant, you'll methods to use Cython to enhance Python's performance—up to 3000x— and to wrap C and C++ libraries in Python with ease.
Author Kurt Smith takes you thru Cython's functions, with pattern code and in-depth perform workouts. If you're simply beginning with Cython, or are looking to cross deeper, you'll find out how this language is a necessary a part of any performance-oriented Python programmer's arsenal.
• Use Cython's static typing to hurry up Python code
• achieve hands-on event utilizing Cython good points to spice up your numeric-heavy Python
• Create new forms with Cython—and see how briskly object-oriented programming in Python can be
• successfully set up Cython code into separate modules and applications with no sacrificing performance
• Use Cython to offer Pythonic interfaces to C and C++ libraries
• Optimize code with Cython's runtime and compile-time profiling tools
• Use Cython's prange functionality to parallelize loops transparently with OpenMP
By David Sale
Fundamental trying out methodologies utilized to the preferred Python language
Testing Python; using Unit checking out, TDD, BDD and popularity Testing is the main entire e-book on hand on trying out for one of many best software program programming languages on the earth. Python is a usual selection for brand new and skilled builders, and this hands-on source is a miles wanted consultant to enterprise-level trying out improvement methodologies. The booklet will exhibit you why Unit checking out and TDD may end up in cleanser, extra versatile programs.
Unit trying out and Test-Driven improvement (TDD) are more and more must-have talents for software program builders, it doesn't matter what language they paintings in. In firm settings, it is important for builders to make sure they regularly have operating code, and that is what makes trying out methodologies so appealing. This publication will educate you the main generic trying out innovations and should introduce to you to nonetheless others, overlaying functionality trying out, non-stop checking out, and more.
- Learn Unit trying out and TDD—important improvement methodologies that lie on the center of Agile development
- Enhance your skill to paintings with Python to enhance robust, versatile functions with fresh code
- Draw at the services of writer David Sale, a number one united kingdom developer and tech commentator
- Get prior to the gang through gaining knowledge of the underappreciated international of Python testing
Knowledge of software program trying out in Python may set you except Python builders utilizing superseded methodologies. Python is a average healthy for TDD and Testing Python is a must-read textual content for somebody who desires to improve services in Python programming.
By Brett Slatkin
It is easy to begin writing code with Python: that is why the language is so immensely renowned. despite the fact that, Python has designated strengths, charms, and expressivity that may be difficult to understand before everything -- in addition to hidden pitfalls which could simply journey you up should you should not conscious of them. Effective Python may also help you harness the entire energy of Python to write down awfully powerful, effective, maintainable, and well-performing code. using the concise, scenario-driven kind pioneered in Scott Meyers's best-selling Effective C++, Brett Slatkin brings jointly fifty nine Python top practices, assistance, shortcuts, and practical code examples from specialist programmers.
Through practical examples, Slatkin uncovers little-known Python quirks, intricacies, and idioms that powerfully influence code habit and function. you are going to the right way to decide upon the most productive and potent strategy to accomplish key initiatives whilst a number of innovations exist, and the way to write down code that is more straightforward to appreciate, retain, and improve.
Drawing on his deep figuring out of Python's features, Slatkin deals sensible recommendation for every significant quarter of improvement with either Python 3.x and Python 2.x. assurance includes:
- Built-in modules
- Production techniques
- And more
every one part includes particular, actionable guidance prepared into goods, each one with conscientiously worded recommendation supported by means of special technical arguments and illuminating examples. utilizing Effective Python, you could systematically enhance the entire Python code you write: no longer by way of blindly following principles or mimicking incomprehensible idioms, yet through gaining a deep figuring out of the technical the explanation why they make experience.
By Bill Lubanovic
Easy to appreciate and enjoyable to learn, Introducing Python is perfect for starting programmers in addition to these new to the language. writer invoice Lubanovic takes you from the fundamentals to extra concerned and sundry subject matters, blending tutorials with cookbook-style code recipes to give an explanation for options in Python three. End-of-chapter routines assist you perform what you’ve learned.
You’ll achieve a powerful origin within the language, together with top practices for checking out, debugging, code reuse, and different improvement suggestions. This ebook additionally exhibits you ways to take advantage of Python for purposes in enterprise, technological know-how, and the humanities, utilizing quite a few Python instruments and open resource packages.
- Learn uncomplicated information kinds, and simple math and textual content operations
- Use data-wrangling options with Python’s integrated information structures
- Explore Python code constitution, together with using functions
- Write huge courses in Python, with modules and packages
- Dive into gadgets, sessions, and different object-oriented features
- Examine garage from flat documents to relational databases and NoSQL
- Use Python to construct internet consumers, servers, APIs, and services
- Manage method initiatives comparable to courses, methods, and threads
- Understand the fundamentals of concurrency and community programming
By Daniel Greenfeld
The 3rd variation, Scoops of Django: top Practices For Django 1.8 is obtainable! Revised and improved to 532 pages, it is a complete new booklet packed with new fabric. Please think of it earlier than procuring this edition!
Two Scoops of Django: most sensible Practices For Django 1.5 is brim-full of fabric that can assist you along with your Django projects.
We'll introduce you to numerous assistance, tips, styles, code snippets, and methods that now we have picked up over the years.
We have placed hundreds of thousands of hours into writing and revising its three hundred+ pages of concise, example-packed text.
What is all people announcing approximately Scoops of Django?
- “A unmarried read-through of 2 Scoops of Django gave me such a lot of lightbulbs and tips; I needed to return for a moment helping.” -- Lynn Root, pink Hat engineer and PyLadies ambassador.
- Ha ha, I discovered whatever within the first bankruptcy. Awesome. -- Zed Shaw, writer of study Python the tough Way.
- Two Scoops may still offer a few foodstuff for suggestion and usable strategies for anyone utilizing Django regularly. -- Malcolm Tredinnick, Django middle Contributor
- Make convinced you've your favourite venture subsequent to you whereas analyzing. you can be doing a little rewriting. -- Bryan Veloso, GitHubber, PyCon PH Keynote Speaker
- If i may time shuttle, the very first thing i would do will be supply my more youthful self a replica of this ebook, and make him learn it. -- Randall Degges, Passionate Python Hacker
- You comprehend these classes you research whilst tasks blow up on your face? This ebook includes numerous tasks worthy of such lessons. -- Lennart Regebro, writer of "Porting to Python 3"
- This ebook should still end up to be an grand source for any new-to-Django developer that selections it up. -- Kenneth Love, author of "Getting begun with Django"
- No subject what your ability point is, Scoops has stable advice for everyone. -- Jeff Triplett, Developer at Revsys
- This is the publication i wanted had existed and that i can have learn whilst i began studying Django. -- Barry Morrison, Linux platforms engineer and Django developer
- Two Scoops of Django is through some distance the easiest Django publication i have read. -- Ben Beecher on Twitter
- Are there any negatives? good certain. just one: I want i have learn it earlier! -- Branko Vukelic
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Coding Conventions
- Chapter 2: The optimum Django atmosphere Setup
- Chapter three: how you can Lay Out Django Projects
- Chapter four: basics of Django App Design
- Chapter five: Settings and specifications Files
- Chapter 6: Database/Model most sensible Practices
- Chapter 7: Function-and Class-Based Views
- Chapter eight: most sensible Practices for sophistication dependent Views
- Chapter nine: universal styles for Forms
- Chapter 10: extra issues to grasp approximately Forms
- Chapter eleven: construction leisure APIs in Django
- Chapter 12: Templates: most sensible Practices
- Chapter thirteen: Template Tags and Filters
- Chapter 14: Tradeoffs of changing middle Components
- Chapter 15: operating With the Django Admin
- Chapter sixteen: facing the person Model
- Chapter 17: Django's mystery Sauce: Third-Party Packages
- Chapter 18: checking out bankruptcy of Doom!
- Chapter 19: Documentation: Be Obsessed
- Chapter 20: discovering and lowering Bottlenecks
- Chapter 21: safety most sensible Practices
- Chapter 22: Logging: assistance and Tools
- Chapter 23: signs: Use circumstances and Avoidance Techniques
- Chapter 24: What approximately these Random Utilities?
- Chapter 25: Deploying Django Projects
- Chapter 26: the way to unencumber your individual Django Packages
- Chapter 27: final Thoughts
- Appendix A: applications pointed out during this Book
- Appendix B: Troubleshooting
By Mitchell L. Model
Powerful, versatile, and simple to exploit, Python is a perfect language for development software program instruments and functions for all times technology examine and improvement. This special e-book exhibits you the way to software with Python, utilizing code examples taken at once from bioinformatics. very quickly, you can be utilizing refined recommendations and Python modules which are relatively powerful for bioinformatics programming.
Bioinformatics Programming utilizing Python is ideal for a person concerned with bioinformatics -- researchers, aid employees, scholars, and software program builders drawn to writing bioinformatics purposes. you will discover it worthy even if you already use Python, write code in one other language, or don't have any programming adventure in any respect. it truly is an outstanding self-instruction device, in addition to a convenient reference whilst dealing with the demanding situations of real-life programming tasks.
- Become accustomed to Python's basics, together with how you can increase uncomplicated applications
- Learn the way to use Python modules for trend matching, established textual content processing, on-line info retrieval, and database access
- Discover generalized styles that disguise a wide share of ways Python code is utilized in bioinformatics
- Learn the way to observe the foundations and strategies of object-oriented programming
- Benefit from the "tips and traps" part in each one chapter
By Ivan Idris
Learn the way to observe robust facts research thoughts with renowned open resource Python modules
About This Book
- Learn how to define, manage, and learn information utilizing Python
- Perform complicated, excessive functionality linear algebra and mathematical calculations with fresh and effective Python code
- An easy-to-follow consultant with practical examples which are usually utilized in real-world facts research projects
Who This publication Is For
This ebook is for programmers, scientists, and engineers who've wisdom of the Python language and understand the fundamentals of information technological know-how. it truly is when you desire to research diverse info research equipment utilizing Python and its libraries. This e-book includes all of the easy elements you want to turn into knowledgeable info analyst.
What you are going to Learn
- Install open resource Python modules on numerous platforms
- Get to understand in regards to the basics of NumPy together with arrays
- Manipulate information with pandas
- Retrieve, technique, shop, and visualize data
- Understand sign processing and time-series info analysis
- Work with relational and NoSQL databases
- Discover extra approximately info modeling and computer learning
- Get to grips with interoperability and cloud computing
Python is a multi-paradigm programming language like minded for either object-oriented software improvement in addition to useful layout styles. Python has develop into the language of selection for facts scientists for information research, visualization, and desktop studying. it is going to provide you with speed and advertise excessive productivity.
This ebook will educate beginners approximately information research with Python within the broadest feel attainable, protecting every thing from facts retrieval, cleansing, manipulation, visualization, and garage to complicated research and modeling. It makes a speciality of a plethora of open resource Python modules equivalent to NumPy, SciPy, matplotlib, pandas, IPython, Cython, scikit-learn, and NLTK. In later chapters, the e-book covers themes equivalent to information visualization, sign processing, and time-series research, databases, predictive analytics and computer studying. This booklet will flip you into an ace facts analyst in no time.
By Mark Pilgrim
Mark Pilgrim's Dive Into Python 3 is a hands-on advisor to Python three and its alterations from Python 2. As within the unique ebook, Dive Into Python, every one bankruptcy starts off with a true, whole code pattern, proceeds to choose it aside and clarify the items, after which places all of it again jointly in a precis on the end.
This ebook includes:
- Example courses thoroughly rewritten to demonstrate strong new strategies now to be had in Python three: units, iterators, turbines, closures, comprehensions, and lots more and plenty extra
- A distinctive case research of porting a big library from Python 2 to Python three
- A entire appendix of all of the syntactic and semantic alterations in Python three
This is the suitable source for you if you want to port purposes to Python three, or should you wish to leap into languages quick and get going correct away.
Explore the realm of information technology via Python and methods to make feel of data
About This Book
- Master info technological know-how tools utilizing Python and its libraries
- Create information visualizations and mine for patterns
- Advanced recommendations for the 4 basics of knowledge technological know-how with Python - info mining, facts research, facts visualization, and laptop learning
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a Python developer who desires to grasp the area of knowledge technology then this e-book is for you. a few wisdom of knowledge technology is assumed.
What you'll Learn
- Manage facts and practice linear algebra in Python
- Derive inferences from the research via appearing inferential statistics
- Solve facts technology difficulties in Python
- Create high-end visualizations utilizing Python
- Evaluate and follow the linear regression strategy to estimate the relationships between variables.
- Build suggestion engines with a few of the collaborative filtering algorithms
- Apply the ensemble easy methods to increase your predictions
- Work with great information applied sciences to deal with information at scale
Data technology is a comparatively new wisdom area that's utilized by quite a few firms to make info pushed judgements. info scientists need to put on a number of hats to paintings with facts and to derive price from it. The Python programming language, past having conquered the medical neighborhood within the final decade, is now an fundamental instrument for the knowledge technology practitioner and a must-know instrument for each aspiring info scientist. utilizing Python will give you a quick, trustworthy, cross-platform, and mature setting for facts research, computing device studying, and algorithmic challenge solving.
This entire consultant is helping you progress past the hype and go beyond the speculation by means of supplying you with a hands-on, complex learn of knowledge science.
Beginning with the necessities of Python in info technological know-how, you are going to learn how to deal with information and practice linear algebra in Python. you are going to stream directly to deriving inferences from the research through appearing inferential facts, and mining info to bare hidden styles and developments. you'll use the matplot library to create high-end visualizations in Python and discover the basics of laptop studying. subsequent, you are going to follow the linear regression strategy and in addition discover ways to practice the logistic regression strategy to your functions, ahead of growing advice engines with a number of collaborative filtering algorithms and enhancing your predictions through utilising the ensemble methods.
Finally, you'll practice K-means clustering, besides an research of unstructured info with diversified textual content mining options and leveraging the facility of Python in huge information analytics.
Style and approach
This ebook is an easy-to-follow, finished consultant on facts technology utilizing Python. the subjects coated within the booklet can all be utilized in actual international scenarios.